Tiffmeister's 80s Top Ten Lists
Ok, I don't usually post top 10 lists, but I've seen so many, I figured I'd post the good ones at least. I mean, someone had to right?
Top 10 Reasons why the 80's were a cooler time to grow up
than the 90's
The one below was one of the better ones I've seen. It was posted on the 80s Forum Board, so there is no author or I'd give credit where credit was due. But I mean, rarely do I see author's on the top ten lists flying around the internet. Anyway....enjoy the memories because the 80s was a great time to grow up!
- In the 80's you didn't have to worry about your pants falling down all the time.
- MTV actually played videos in the 80's.
- There were only one kind of Nike tennis shoes (White with a red
swoosh), and they didn't cost $125.
- A comb in your back pocket is more practical and less painful
than a ring through your nose.
- In the 80's playing video games actually meant going out to DO
- In the 80's, when you were out partying, you didn't have to worry
about your Mom calling you on your cell.
- In the 80s we didn't have to worry about getting our heads blown
off at school - unless you put a whole pack of Pop Rocks in your
mouth and drank a coke.
- Debbie Gibson vs. Britney Spears. New Kids on the Block vs.
NSync. New Edition vs. Hanson. Ok, that ones a draw.
- In the early 80's there were kids in your high school who could
BUY ALCOHOL LEGALLY.
- Feathered hair was easier to care for than dreadlocks.
Top Ten Reasons You Know You're Lost Between A Baby Boomer and a Ben-Xer IF...
- You remember Friday Night Videos before the days of MTV.
- You rode in the back of the station wagon and you faced the cars behind you.
- Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually learned the English language.
- The phrase, "Where's the beef?" can still make you chuckle.
- U2 is too popular and mainstream for you now.
- This rings a bell..."...and my name is Charlie. They work for me."
- "All skate, change directions" means something to you.
- You remember when there was only PG or R ratings.
- You learned to swim about the same time "Jaws" came out, and still carry the emotional scars to this day.
- There was nothing strange about Bert and Ernie living together.
TOP 10 WORST CARTOON CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME--heavily 80s oriented!!
(WITH COMMENTARY by Frank M. in Buffalo, a man with too much time on his hands)
- 10-Tweety Bird--You know there's a problem when every single kid
roots for the "hero" to be devoured in each episode. No sense of
humor. No personality. Annoying voice. Plus he was always tattling. I
knew kids like this growing up. Most of them ate paste, sat in the front
of the bus, and got me in trouble.
- 9-Grape Ape--A real moron. All he knows how to say is his name. And
he does so non-stop for a half an hour. I'd rather watch "Davey and
Goliath covet their neighbors model airplane."
- 8-Olive Oyl--Am I the only one out there who thought this was one lady
NOT worth fighting over? And that's what they did every episode! She
talks like Edith Bunker and looks like a pipe cleaner with a cheap hat.
Hey, Popeye, you're a sailor... you can do better! Plus Olive can never
decide if she wants to date that jerk Brutus or not. The girl is just bad
- 7-Petunia Pig--Remember her? Porky's girlfriend? She was a real zero.
What was the point of her anyway? To make Porky look good? Come
on, who did they think they're fooling. We all know Porky is gay.
- 6-Pebbles & Bam-Bam, as teenagers--What were they thinking? Were
they trying to cash in on the "Joanie loves Chachi" thing? And how
come every cartoon teenager plays in crumby rock band? An awful
-and thankfully shortlived- idea.
- 5- Pepe LePew--Hello, Warner Brothers, ever heard of sexual
harassment? Let's take a good look at this character; a horny, rapist
skunk who's attracted to other species! NOT good for the kids. Plus,
worse still, he's French.
- 4-Alan, from Josie and the Pussy Cats--How weak was this "Fred"
clone? They even gave him an ascot, for crying out loud. Well, I knew
Fred. I grew up with Fred. Fred was like a friend of mine. Let me tell
you something... you're no Fred.
- 3- Zan and Zana, the Wondertwins--How many times do we have to say
it? Leave the crimefighting to the professionals! "Form of... an idiot!"
They should have been voted out of the Hall of Justice a long time ago.
There's no room for dead weight in this game.
(Tiff NOte:Only one I disagree. I think the WOndertwins rock! I always wanted to turn into animals, and felt sorry that Zan got to have something only with water.)
- 2- Kazoo, from the Flintstones--It's like "Hmmm, a miniature, green
spaceman who appears only to Fred Flintstone isn't enough of a
stretch. I know! Let's give him a snotty London accent!" Um, could I get
a drug test from Hanna Barbara, please?
- 1-Scrappy Doo--And, really, who else COULD it be? This guy ruined
Scooby Doo! Just came in and ruined it! Scrappy is the Yoko Ono of
Saturday morning cartoons. I can't even talk about it anymore. It's too
Input and Comments
Know a cool 80s Top Ten Lists(I'll give credit from where they come from, kay.),...Just want to say you love the 80s as much as me....Help me keep getting the word out about the decade we both love!
Sign the My 80s Guestbook!
Read what others have to say on the 80s!
me a private message!
Email the Tiffmeister!
Back to the 80s Music Connection